You have no items in your cart. Want to get some nice things?Go shopping
Words take you further.
Litro is launching an exciting opportunity for all writers. In preparation for our Polish issue in June and in association with the Polish Cultural Institute London, we are running a short story competition inspired by Polish writer Bruno Schulz.
The winner’s work will be published in Litro Magazine’s June issue and showcased at a London Underground Station.
The theme is “Poland,” with particular reference to Schulz’s short story collection, The Street of Crocodiles. For inspiration, check out the Brothers Quay’s eerie 1980’s stop-motion animation of the same name, or Jonathan Safron Foer’s die-cut adaptation, Tree of Codes.
- The competition is open to all.
- Each entrant is limited to just one story, no more than 300 words long.
- Closing date is 20 April 2013
- Winners will be announced on 30 May 2013
- All entries should be sent to: email@example.com