You have no items in your cart. Want to get some nice things?Go shopping
Let us know what you think of Mr Penumbra in the comments section at the bottom of the page.
“A gleeful and exhilarating tale of global conspiracy, complex code-breaking, high-tech data visualization, young love, rollicking adventure, and the secret to eternal life—mostly set in a hole-in-the-wall San Francisco bookstore.”
What we’re talking about:
- Read our Q&A with author Robin Sloan – how the idea for the book came from a Tweet, and the prequal planned for later this year.
- What’s your personal cult? Book Club members are sharing their stories.
- Club member Thomas Chadwick muses on some of the age-old questions raised by the book – do you agree? Let us know in the comments.
- Coming up – Discussion topic: paper books, an obsolete technology?
- Secret members-only Unbroken Spine event – details TBC
How to take part in the discussion
Add your thoughts in the comments section at the bottom of the page, or join the chat on Twitter, hashtag #LitroBC.
: We pick the most exciting new titles out there for the Litro Book Club, and you’ll get them sent to you before they hit the shops. You’ll get access to live author Q&As, and the chance to see your reviews published on the site. It’s a great way of meeting like-minded book-lovers too. Join the Club
I used to work in a dusty secondhand bookshop, and the regular customers were so like the mysterious Tyndall, Federov and Lapin of Mr Penumbra’s store that I’m starting to wonder if they really were searching for a gnostic code.