You have no items in your cart. Want to get some nice things?Go shopping
LitroUSA, a new 501c3 non-profit literary journal based in Manhattan, New York, is looking for a Business Development Manager to help us grow and expand.
Salary: Salary to be determined
Conditions: Part Time
Job Description & Person Specification:
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to help us grow and expand LitroUSA. Help us tell and, crucially, sell our story without ever selling out. Our community value independence and transparency and fairness and so do we. We require a self-driven, well connected and engaging individual to help secure partners and brand sponsors for our live events and content, including podcasts, short form video and online content. Existing partners include the London Library and The National Arts Club, New York and past events and partnerships have featured Virgin Atlantic, the Brooklyn Book Festival and James Cohan Gallery.
Key qualities and experience
• Be able to pick up the phone, engage with people at events and send effective emails
• Have strong, existing relationships and contacts with brands – especially lifestyle and culture
• Have a proven track record of developing and maintaining brand partnerships and creative collaborations and grant application experience.
• Understand that diversity isn’t a box to tick but how we live and work
• Be self-motivated but know you can ask for help and share ideas
• Strategic thinking/planning and a strong focus on tactical objectives
• Love books, writers and readers and associated brands Have proven experience of negotiating
• Be excited about stories- help us develop and monetise new formats and ideas
• A passion for books, stories and experience of live events and varied content creation would be advantageous but ultimately this is a business development role.
• Help us identify the brands and people we want to work with
• Work with our existing relationships and network to maximise opportunities.
• To oversee and lead on the completion of high-level proposals and pitches. This will involve working closely with the Litro team, ensuring proposals meet company needs
• To identify and take up opportunities to influence corporate prospects’ priorities, through proactive relationship development and peer-to-peer introductions.
• To set, manage and monitor an excellent quality standard for new business written documents, proposals, presentations and pitches.
Working hours and salary
Part time / Freelance Role working from home with meetings in New York and London.
You will be expected to attend the Litro events.
Salary is dependent on experience and to be discussed.
Who are we?
LitroUSA is a community in-print on and offline which began in London in 2005 with a monthly print magazine and live events. A literary and creative arts platform that champions emerging and established writers in New York-and beyond—in print and online. At its heart is the nurturing of a literary & creative community that produces works that are enjoyed and appreciated by the general public while connecting cultures and building creative communities. Published four times a year, each edition of Litro U.S will feature various literary genres including short stories, long-form essays, fiction, interviews, poetry, and more.
Litro wants to be a platform for writers to write, emerging voices to be heard, and for readers to enjoy.
As well as our live events we have a strong online presence, with a lively and engaged social media following on Facebook and Instagram (including influencers and big names), and we’re producing an increasing amount of original content, including videos and podcasts from our Litro World Series, and an original series currently in development for our YouTube channel. Previous partners or sponsors include the Brooklyn BookFestival, The Booker Prize, United Airlines and the ACE Hotel.
To apply, please send a CV and any other information you feel to support the application to firstname.lastname@example.org